My quick to the point answer is YES!
Let me explain…
You may think:
- “I don’t sell anything”
- “No one reads newsletters anymore
- “I don’t have anything to share”
All of that is wrong!
If you are an entrepreneur, small business owner, etc. you need to find resources to get your name out in front of your customers on a regular basis. Whether you are selling a service or a product, they need to be reminded.
A newsletter can do just that and more.
Here’s why you need a newsletter:
- It doesn’t matter what frequency you decide to do a newsletter; weekly, bi-monthly or monthly. Your customers and clients are busy. They are always on the go, sometimes they need a gentle reminder that “hey we are still here”. It’s keeping your name in their inbox regularly, even if they don’t read it, but you are going to provide great content so why wouldn’t they?
- Newsletters are a great reminder of where you are on social media platforms. Maybe they prefer to find you on Facebook and keep up with your news there, so make sure you give them that option. Also, remind them about your website (you also need this too), give them an email to contact you with any questions along with other social platforms like Snap Chat, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- A newsletter is also a way to let your customers know what is going on with your business. This is the perfect time to discuss new products, events, sales, promotions, Holiday specials, etc. that you have available.
- This is also the perfect time to collaborate with other small business or someone who does something that compliments what you do. Example: You sell wine and it’s February – why not also promote local chocolate companies or flower companies? Even better, set a date that they can come in and purchase everything from one place for their Valentine. They can share this in their newsletters as well and you are getting 3 times the reach. You’re welcome!
- This is the opportunity for you to also provide value and show that you are knowledgeable in your industry. Share something people can use, if you are a health and fitness coach share a quick workout or a healthy recipe, if you are in the mortgage industry, share ways to increase your credit score, etc.
There are many other ideas and reasons to have a newsletter, but these are some of the important ones. If you need help setting up your newsletter, please let me know how I can be of assistance. There are many affordable (and free, yes I said free) options out there, so there’s no excuse not to be providing your customers and clients with regular updates on what’s going on with you and your business.
By the way…you can sign up for my newsletter here.