I always hear…no one engages with my content. Here’s the thing, on Instagram engagement rates are less than 1%, even the Kardashians get 1% it’s just that their following is well..huge.
Here are my top tips for getting engagement on your content.
- Actually ask a question. So many people want engagement but there is not a ? in sight.
- On Facebook: Using Facebook backgrounds are huge to help you increase views, just remember to end with a question mark.
- Know your audience and what they are interested in besides your product/offering/service.
- Create a post with multiple answers using different heart emojis and that is all they need to drop in the comments. For example: Do you struggle with: Getting engagement, Getting Leads, Being Visible, Knowing what to post on social media, marketing your business
- Respond to every response and ask a question to increase engagement different times throughout the day/weekend to keep it going.
- Test engagement posts on your personal Facebook profile to know if they’ll flop or perform before adding to your business profile or another platform.
- Don’t make it complicated, make them easy responses. Ask for one word, emoji or gif responses.
- If your question is for an ideal audience and it seems more personal/private, keep it inside of a private group or use it in stories so they feel safe if they respond.
- Create predictive text content.
- Gamify it…use word searches [templates in Canva], look and see if you can find the [thing] in the photo, caption this, etc.
- Have fun! Everyone loves to have fun, laugh and be heard!